I was shopping at my new favorite place (Joann - - its a craft and fabric store and is, by all means, the coolest place known to women) and I was just strolling around looking at nearly everything to kill time until Bobby got off work. Early in my visit, one of the employees walked by and asked, "Are you finding everything ok?" and I said, "Hah, I'm not entirely sure I know what I'm looking for, but thanks!" She looked at me funny, and kept going. A few random aisles over, I happened upon the drapery "supplies" and found some curtain rods that match our "decor" (for as much as you can possibly have in an apartment) and thought, "Hmm... they're $30, but I have this coupon for 40% off that I MUST use by the 28th." So I sold myself, and piled the curtain rods in my cart. I got to the check out, and they said, "Um, the coupon won't work because they're already on sale." Blast. But then... "...they're actually 50% off." Glorious! Swipe of the card, sign on the line, and long story short(er), I brought home 3 wonderful new projects.
After I expressed his excitement, he laughed at my cabin fever-ness and decided we needed to go see a movie tonight instead of tomorrow to get me out of the apartment. So, Bobby, Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, and I will be spending 2 hours and 4 minutes NOT in my apartment this evening and by God, I'm smuggling in my mint crisp Indiana Jones M&Ms. (if you haven't tried them, they're like Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies in a candy. Mmmm.)
Ladies, if you don't take anything else from this post, I want you to remember this:Before you become a housewife, whether by choice or situation, you never think that you would ever need a break from the place you go for a break.
*shrugs*
P.S. I need a more productive (and less expensive) hobby. I welcome your suggestions.
Let me know how the movie is! I bet it'll be pretty cool. Indy is pretty cool guy after all.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new curtain rods! I know how much having a "nice" living space is to women! Our big thing is fresh flowers once a week. It makes Ashley happy! :)