We moved in (FINALLY) on Groundhogs day, after 4 days of ridiculousness with our lender. The house is ours though, and we're LOVING IT.
We went to see Bobby's sister, her husband, and our new niece for spring break!
I participated in my first ever Diabetes Walk Fund Raiser (and have the sunburns to prove it)
On Good Friday, bobby was at work and cut his finger while trying to open a glove box, called me from the ambulance and said, "Its no big deal, but I cut my finger and I'm going to the hospital for stitches." Then, about an hour later, he called again and said, "Well its worse than I thought. I cut a tendon and have to have surgery." Yeah. 26 hours in the hospital for what started as a simple cut and turned out to need tissue reconstructive surgery. He's been off work since then, since he can't do anything without intense pain so he's just been chillin' at the casa for close to a month. He just got the stitches out on Monday and said he knows he can bend his finger, but has to go through rehab therapy before he can get full function back.


In the middle of all of this, *I* got super sick with what we think was tonsillitis...my throat was sore, and my tonsils doubled in size, AND, for the first time EVER, I had almost a 102 degree fever. Miserable. I think I may be getting a tonsillectomy for our anniversary......
Today, Bobby hosted and planned a bachelor party (no, he's not the best man, but he's awesome anyway for helping his friend) and they went and played paintball. He wrapped up his finger so it wouldn't get hurt or messed up and came home with this:
They're out having dinner right now, which is why I found time to blog. I realized its been WAY too long since my last one and decided to make time for it before I got quarantined for the rest of the night.
Oh yeah, and everyone we know is pregnant except for us. [not that either of us is complaining... ;-) ]
That is messed up! Accidents are crazy! I guess he got worker's comp for that? Ouch.
ReplyDeleteIn our short marriage, Ashley's been sick several times, broke an ankle, and I got sick once and cut my palm open with a box cutter! Fun times!
Congrats on the house(s), we can't wait for ours, but we have to. We are moving into a bigger apartment at the end of may though! That's exciting for us.