I may be an artsy music teacher, but you can't blame me for sticking to what I know. =)
Bobby is back at work on his normal shifts and loving it. He had a busy day yesterday---some guys were drinking on someone else's property and when Bobby and his partner got there, one of the guys reached under a truck to grab a beer bottle and lo-and-behold, there was a GUN under the truck, so Bob's partner yells to him and they ended up holding all 8 guys at gunpoint. Turns out, it was only a beebee gun that looked just like Bobby's glock, and it belonged to another guy that was there. He admitted to tossing it under the truck when he saw the cops coming, and the poor "innocent" fellow that was bending down to pick up his beer bottle mess had no idea that he might've been reaching for a "gun." Whew... good thing my hubs isn't trigger happy! I think those guys learned their lesson though!
We were considering getting another dog for a while, just to split up the "mine versus yours" concept that is getting more and more dominant in our house. I actually drove out to an adoption event last weekend and took Maestro with me... we met the dogs, walked around the store, and when I stopped to look at dog food prices, Stro peed on my foot and walked off like it was nothing. The little stinker marked me. I of course, couldn't flip out because the adoption people were watching me, but I was not impressed. After some grudge-holding, I decided Maestro likes being the baby, and doesn't want to share me with any other dog.
Our gym membership is going well. I've lost "2 pounds" according to my trainer, and 7 pounds according to my scale at home. I'm not sure who I'm supposed to believe, but regardless, I'm under 170 now, and that's what counts. Bobby learned a lot of new ways to tone and build a little muscle from his trainer, and my trainer is obsessive about calorie intake and cardio. He's kicking my butt, but I will admit I'm able to do 30 minutes of cardio now without falling over. It's only been a month, but I'm getting better about keeping my heart-rate up and breathing steadily, rather than hyperventillating.

I auditioned for The Promise this weekend... it went well! ...and it always helps to know people. I have call-backs next week and they sent me home with some music to learn. If I am chosen, I sure do hope I get to sing more than just one or two songs. It's a long production, and I know I'll get antsy if I HAVE to be there for hours just to sing for 10 minutes. We'll see though. I'm excited either way, because I really do miss performing.

We're planning a trip to see my Grampa in a few weeks. I haven't seen him in over 10 years, so it's about time. Plus, it'll be really cool for Bobby to meet my grampa and see all the places I remember visiting from when I was little. Besides, I could use some fresh air. =)
Happy father's day to all of you Dads out there. Thanks for all you do and have done to make sure your kids are loved and taken care of. =)

P.S. I have the coolest initials EVER. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment