The bees aren't gone yet... we'll see if Maintenance cares.
We looked at a HOUSE yesterday. It was HUGE!!!!! 5 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, lots of living space...but the closets were *so tiny* I couldn't stand it. The master bathroom was ok, it had a big tub and separate shower, but it would need remodeling SOON. There were lots of things we didn't like about it, which is good cuz I would hate for the first house we looked at to be perfect. It would make the rest of the "shopping" process drag on and on. We're not in the market yet, but now's a good time to start looking.
As for you laughing at me when I said, "5 bedrooms..." let's think about my logic here: Bobby and I will need our own space (that's 1 room), we plan to have 2 kids (so that adds up to 3 so far), plus a guest room (4) and an office/studio (5). Of course, we could combine the office and guest room but still. If we're going to spend our hard earned money on a house, we might as well get what we want the first time. I don't want to have to move when we grow, cuz then we'll have kids and excuses and blah blah... and with the market what it is, we might get a REALLY good rate since we're first-time home owners...
Our apartment lease isn't up until December 31st anyway, and I am NOT moving around Christmas EVER again. So, we'll most likely be here till June or July of next year, but we're spending $800 a month on rent, and that could easily be a house payment. We'll see.
No news on the job yet. The other full time position has been filled, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a candidate for the double half-time (at 2 different schools) position. Keep your fingers crossed, and I'll update as necessary.
OH! I almost forgot--Bobby and I are playing Softball now. HAH! Yeah, I know, ME playing sports... We have a double header tomorrow night at the YMCA so I'm sure I"ll have a ton of battle wounds by Thursday. Wish us luck and have a great week!
-Kt
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, houses already! Yeah...we pay like almost 900 a month for our apartment (which is bound to be much less fancy than yours), but we don't want to live in Dallas and we have no clue where we want to live. So, good luck with that.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Chad and his girl have started playing softball in some Ft. Worth league. I don't do anything fun! Haha